Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never Alone

I've yet to find somewhere that touches me like His House does. :)

Tonight Kyle gave a message on God's will, and when bad things happen to good people. He shared a very inspirational song, with the lyrics:

Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still, my soul
He is

I am constantly in awe of God. I cannot fathom a God like our God. I try not to regret not knowing Him sooner. I know it's better late than never, but oh, how I needed Him in ways I never imagined.

I didn't know it, but my mind was altered in a way that would spiral me into clinical depression during my high school years. I pushed everyone away. Then, one night, my dad was called to a car accident scene (he used to be a firefighter/first responder). He worked the scene all night. The next morning, I found out one of my best coworkers and friends died in that car crash. He was 16 years old.

I'm not sure I've ever felt more alone than in those moments. Those moments lasted weeks for me. And I know it was one of the steps that God placed in my life so I could learn from it, and it was one more step to bring me closer to Him. But at the time, oh, the pain of feeling nothing was more than unbearable.

But I think I was supposed to go through that for a reason. God doesn't do things without a purpose, and I try to remember that. I hope that I can use my experiences to help someone else. Like Kyle said, if I can help one person through my experience, that is totally worth it. And I know that, before God calls me home, I will help people through what I went through.

I just wanted to say this, because it was on my heart after His House. You're not alone. You aren't. You may feel like it, surrounded by friends, or you may feel like it, completely isolated. But you aren't. God is holding you, God is loving you. Let Him in. Let Him love you. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment