Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am SO bad at this.

It's amazing to me how terrible I can be keeping a blog when I had one in high school and wrote in it multiple times a day. Seriously. I guess that's a good thing, though, because it means I'm doing other things rather than sitting at a computer.

So the last time I wrote was July 2nd (or thereabouts). Greg and I spent our 1 year anniversary in Ludington for a long weekend, and it was great! Gorgeous weather, a quaint little down, and of course, Hallmark ornaments. ;)

Nothing else huge or significant has happened so far. I'm working on a new quilt, so that is fun. I have some fabric that I really should start cutting out for the borders around it. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I'm struggling with my lifelong dream to become a published author right now. My mother-in-law is working on a screenplay called "The Story in My Heart," and it's really good and about her past. I definitely have things I can write about from my past, but I don't think they are very interesting. There's only so many ways you can portray depression, and none of them are interesting. So I think that I need to use my experiences up to this point and write a story about someone else. But that inspiration is not yet with me. I'm sure God will provide it when I am ready, but hopefully it's soon. I realized I lost my National Novel Writing Month novel when my hard drive crashed, so that was kind of a huge blow. But we'll see where this goes.

Well I know this is short but I'm proud of myself for writing at all. ;) I think I will do some quilting. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally updated! I've wondered about you!

    Are you working on any story ideas right now? I'd love to see some pictures of your latest sewing project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that case, enjoy your quilting. The stories and words will come when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I have an idea! I know this is your blog.... But Greg does some note typing as well on FB... Maybe y'all could combine your note-writing, blogging tendencies together on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't ever doubt yourself. What you find not interesting may be the very thing that is interesting to another that brings them the change they searched for in their own life. Don't let the dreams inside you die..write your book!

    ReplyDelete