Monday, August 5, 2013

Waiting and Patience...Patience and Waiting

Oh my goodness.  This summer has been a crazy one!

I took a spring general psychology class at Delta this year.  I felt God calling me to the psychology field - I think I've known since high school that I might want to pursue that field, but I stuck with English for my undergrad degree.  Well it's been four years since college, and it was time to make a move.  Since my class (which I loved), I needed to find a masters program in counseling.  I really felt like God was calling me toward this field, and it's a wonderful feeling to have purpose.  God drew me closer to Moody Theological Seminary, located in Plymouth, MI.  I applied to the Counseling Psychology program right before my surgery, and found out I was accepted a month later - praise the Lord!

Oh, but since I applied, it's been nothing but waiting.  Waiting for transcripts to be mailed, waiting for references to be submitted, waiting and waiting (and waiting) for my acceptance notification.  So much waiting. 

And once again, I am waiting.  I've submitted my enrollment confirmation but submitted a scholarship application and am waiting on another.   I've emailed my admissions counselor with some questions and am waiting to hear back.  I can't make a move until I have answers, and no one seems to want to provide them.

In case you've never met me, I'm terrible at waiting - absolutely horrible.  Patience was never my strong suit and it's still not.  Maybe that's why God is allowing all of these waiting periods - to teach me more patience.  I need to wait on His timing and allow things to process, I know.  His timing is always better than ours.  Faith is needed here.

But time slips by, and the theoretical start of the semester slumbers closer, and I'm still waiting.  I haven't even started any process for paying for this new degree.  I pray I lean on God during these times and trust in Him.  He knows best - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment