Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ah, the weekend

It's so nice to actually have a weekend. It's been a while, with buying a house, getting married...ya know. Last weekend we painted most of the weekend and Greg worked on the bathroom vent, so there was no real "relaxing" time, if you know what I mean. I never knew owning a house was so much work! =P

This weekend I'm excited for. Today we both got to sleep in, then we are going to Birch Run to do a little shopping, see a movie, and have dinner for Sweetest Day. Even if it wasn't Sweetest Day, we would still be doing all of these things, but it's nice to have an excuse. :) Then tomorrow is church, and probably seeing my parents, who we haven't seen in a while. Plus I need to use my mom's sewing machine. ;)

I'm really excited about this "new" hobby of mine, sewing. I say "new" because I've been doing it since like January with Ashley. :) But I'm finally starting to get really into it. I have my own room, I'm pretty sure I'll get a new sewing machine for Christmas, and I'm eyeing some other equipment (a cutting table, etc.) that looks awesome. I definitely like it a lot more than scrapbooking, which I was into for a while. There isn't enough gratification in scrapbooking for me. lol. That sounds terrible, but I like it when I can do a block (or three) in an evening, or get an entire baby quilt done in five hours. It takes me five hours to do one page in scrapbooking. I keep thinking maybe I'm not doing it right. =P Either way, I have a quilt that I am working on now that I'm excited for, so I think it will be something good for me to do. Who knows, maybe I'll do quilting for people on the side. That would be a lot of fun.

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. It's almost Halloween already!! This year has gone by so fast it's unbelievable, but a lot did happen. I'm excited to decorate the house, get our first Christmas tree, send out Christmas cards...yay! Plus we get to see family a lot more, which is nice. I haven't seen my brother and sis-in-law since my wedding, so it's been a while. They are in Indiana for their jobs - that dynamic is definitely interesting. But either way, hopefully we'll see them this holiday season.

I was going to write an impromtu poem at the end of this post, but I am not feeling inspired. I just cleaned the kitchen and did a load of laundry....that's not very inspiring stuff. ;) Maybe I should get out my creative writing books and look for a prompt.

Have a great weekend!!!

*Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. - Psalm 27:14

1 comment: