Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Chapter

Wow, it's been a while since I've had a blog! I used to have an OpenDiary, something that truly helped me get through high school, but I've just attempted to log in and it appears that they have canceled my diary. They probably should have; as much as high school is supposed to be "the best years of your life," I honestly think they were the worst of mine. In any case, it's nice to be writing again, and be at a better point in my life. :) Of course, I will miss reliving the memories of my troubled youth, the naivete, and general lack of maturity. Oh, those were the times.

But here I am, starting over, and life is good. I won't bore my (so far zero) readers with what has happened since high school, but just start as though everyone knows my story. :) I will recap 2009, however; it was a big year for me. I graduated from SVSU with my bachelor's degree in Creative Writing in May 2009 (side note: I found it ironic how the field I should be working in, publishing, is one of the choices on the "occupation" part of your profile on here. However, the field I am actually working in, investments, is a lot more common and not one of the choices. Oh irony, you strike again.). I got married to the most wonderful man in the world for me on July 10th, 2009, and we closed on our first home on September 25th, 2009. Like I said: a big year!

God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. Honestly, I never would've thought I would have come so far. It's like the Brad Paisley song about writing a letter to himself at 17... boy I could probably have used a letter from me right now back then. The differences in life with God and without God are just astounding to me. No wonder the world is so unhappy. God is love; if you don't know God, you don't know love. And love is what makes the world go round. It's all those cheesy love songs, wrapped into one enveloping hug of cliched "feel-good" one-liners. You know the kind. :)

I think one of the things I love about God the most is that he never is done giving second chances. I don't even want to know how many times God hasn't given up on me. It's like finding that person that believes in you more than you believe in yourself; undying faith, and all of the sudden you're not doing it for you anymore. A higher cause has entered the equation; the proverbial infinity. If you haven't given God a serious chance in your life, I encourage you to try Him; He doesn't disappoint.

I believe this blog will be mostly about my life: somewhat about my attempts at writing and/or other hobbies that I've so long neglected due to the wonders of taking college classes; somewhat about the fun that comes with owning a house; somewhat about married life; and other miscellaneous morsels that, if no one else finds interesting, will at least keep my mind active and my writing skills mediocre.

For now, it's bedtime for me. Work in the morning, clients to visit, How I Met Your Mother at 8pm. Sometimes a life based on normalcy is bliss in itself. After five years of college craziness, it's nice to bask in some relaxation between trips to Home Depot. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog so far! I've missed your writing too! BTW- try Big E's... It was a Friday night afterall. It'll be nice to sit on their patio with a drink during the summer :)

    ReplyDelete